Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

[Trend] Shoe Staples

I have two shopping addictions: shoes and sunglasses. I'd have to say this was definitely the summer of shoes and I'm not mad one bit.  Four pairs of shoes stole my heart this summer and are must-haves for every 20-something.

Shoe Staples for Fall 2014
Designated Darty Shoes
What proper college student doesn't own a pair of converse for tailgating, concerts, and running to class? This year is definitely the year of white high tops. If you're worried about them getting dirty, don't fret, some bleach and a wash did wonders for mine after the Indy 500. Just be smart - don't go jumping in a mud pit at Lollapalooza like one of my friends - can't help you there.

Sexy Going-Out Heels
After buying booties on booties last year, I thought I was due for a change. Time for something a little sexier that can work with jeans or dresses. The Sam Edelman heels on the top right are one of my newest finds. These heels are sexy and comfy and everything you want in a going out heel. Plus you have the option of weaving the strings up your ankle which will make them look itty bitty and who doesn't want that?

Heels I Won't Bust My Butt In
It took me a long time to jump on the sneaker wedge train. I first saw the Isabela Marant pair on one of my co-workers in London and I just couldn't justify spending that much money on something I didn't think would last. Now that the trend has made its way over the pond, I've finally come to admit that I love them, especially once I found a pair with a price that didn't make me dizzy. They give me the illusion that I'm a little sporty (which is anything but true) and make my legs look like little toothpicks. Plus you're almost guaranteed not to bust your butt at the bars (we all do it) since these have rubber soles and are even comfier than actual running shoes. I know this is a hard one to imagine so here's a couple of my favorite styling inspirations.
       
Trendy Sandals
Birkenstocks started popping up Spring 2013, but I kept pushing them down my list on things to buy. As much as I wish I bought them before everyone else started to, I'm glad I waited for them to create these silver beauties. The metallic helps the chunky sandal transition from casual into work appropriate some how, and makes me feel like I'm trying a little harder then I actually am. These are the easiest choice out of my closet in the morning. They're comfy, match everything, and have some how been deemed as attractive. I hope this trend never goes away. 
     


No comments:

Post a Comment